Are you looking for a plant-based diet? In this article ,we will give a short synopsis of a plant-based diet. Without a further due lets dive in deep.
The major food categories you want to add on a plant-based diet.
- Fruits: All kind of including apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, citrus fruits, etc.
- Whole grains: grains, cereals, and whole grains such as quinoa, brown rice, millet, whole wheat, oats, barley, etc. .
- Vegetables: All kinds of including peppers, corn, avocados, lettuce, spinach, kale, peas, etc.
- Legumes: All kinds of beans, lentils, pulses.
- Tubers: Root vegetables like potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, beets, etc.
The Benefits of a Whole-Food-Plant-Based Diet
There are several benefits to following plant-based nutrition backed by science. Some of the benefits include:
- Disease prevention: Whole-food, plant-based eating can prevent or reduce the chance of chronic diseases, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and hypertension.
- Easy weight management: People who follow a plant-based diet tend to be leaner than those people who don’t follow. Plant-based diet makes it easy to lose weight and keep it off—without counting calories.
- A lighter environmental footprint: A plant-based diet places much less stress on the environment.
What can’t you eat on a plant-based diet?
In general, you are free to follow any kind of diet. However, if you want to the real benefits of plant-based diets, certain foods that you need to avoid are.
- Fast food or junk foods
- Sweets,ice-cream and sweetened beverages
- Processed grains: white rice, white bread, pasta.
- Processed Foods: Cookies, Chips, cereals, etc.
- Processed Meats: Chicken, fish, ham, bacon, sausage, etc.
In order to get enough potassium, magnesium, and calcium, health experts suggest the intake of low-fat, unsweetened dairy foods, and dairy alternatives (like unsweetened soy milk). “These nutrients counterbalance the dietary impact of sodium and reduce bloat.
In order to completely follow a plant-based diet, you should focus on consuming raw and uncooked foods too as they can provide direct nutrition value to you.
We hope that this article was helpful to you. If you like our article keep coming back for more articles like this. Thank You